Monday, March 06, 2006

Aaqil's Paternal Grandmother and Greatgrandmother...(Re-edited)

Hot topic nowadays is "Bila la nak kurus?" (that is "When will you/I slim down?" in Malay). I remembered those days when my nikah (wedding solemnization) was just around the corner. I was presurrised by my colleagues and relatives asking me to lose at least 5-8 kg. They had used harsh words and sarcastic remarks to make me realized that my body was "tembam" (plump) during that time. Enough headaches with the hectic wedding plans, I did not want to get a migrane by calculating calories and skip meals. However, I was just an ordinary girl who was excited on becoming somebody's wife. Happy person eats a lot right? So I had never lose my weight till I actually gave birth to my son. I have lost weight now however, due to breastfeeding since Aaqil's birth. Although my weight should only be 47-49 kg, but I am blessed with my weight now. As long as I can fit into size 28 (size 8) jeans, I don't have to starve myself.

Omar has been encouraging me to exercise regularly, he is more to me keeping fit as a result and not exercising just to lose weight. He actually never complaint about my looks and body. However, by him being quiet does not make me feel like I should abandon my agenda to be slimmer. I am amazed by the way my MIL 'jaga badan'. She is 52 now and still look great and active and weighs only 52 kg. Don't talk about my SIL. She resembles Kris Dayanti or model Rachel Hunter. Both are hot hot woman!!

To my dear friends who are now on diet, count me in too. I really envy (I mean good envy) my MIL's small waist!! Let's diet towards healthy mind and body. On top of all, we all should be realistic on our target..Good luck girls!!

Aaqil was 16 days when this pic was taken with his grandma or in javanese "Nyai"


Aaqil's great grandmother or "Yot"..She is now 86

PS: The word 'diet' or 'dieting' literally means 'to eat and drink according to a regulated system, especially so as to lose weight or control a medical condition'. And 'diet' never ever means 'eat less' or 'starve yourself'! A 'healthy diet' simply means 'eating within your means' or rather 'eating what your body needs'. If everybody watches their diets, than their diets are automatically healthy, but we tend to eat beyond our means at times, or worst, all the time. Well, reminding myself too, that is the reality in difference between 'I need' and 'I want'.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

uuiii me 1st to komen aa.. hehehe erk but no ideas 2 bebel kat hang yet.. so we YM lah later2 k? by the way.. tunjuk la foto kris dayanti/rachel hunter lookalike tuu..

Anonymous said...

hang nak diet ker??? okay la nanti aku jumpa hang make sure kurus....

good luck dieting....

Anonymous said...

i was thinner when D was a few mths old than i m now! i need to lose another 3kg at least but appetite baik bep! lol!

Channel 11.5 said...

baru turun 1kg la, byk lagi kilo kena turun la, hehehehehehe. Now nak kurang berat badan, lepas ni kalau nak kawin pun kena lagi kurus ka? Aiyak!!!!

Anonymous said...

DIET??!!! Forget about it ;)

yus said...

sokong diet towards healty mind and body! myself tak la gemuk or kurus..just some "spare part" yg kurang sedap mata memandang. tapi hang tak gemukla minah..hang comelll

Anonymous said...

re-edited: wa sokong lu hundled persennn ooo... ;) and yep.. minah mmg comelll + sexy!