Friday, June 16, 2006

Saying the right things at the wrong time?

"Ani." Omar called my name when I was engrossed reading a book.
"Yes!" I replied. "But whatever it is don't touch me!" That was my second reminder to him as I was having my ablution on waiting for Asar prayers.
With his puzzled looking face, he looked me straight in the eye for a moment, and when he got back to his senses, he replied, "I've forgotten what I was supposed to say."

I might have missed what he wanted to say, maybe he will if he remembers again, which I bet he will, but I have asked him again several times today but he still couldn't recall what he's supposed to say to me. With that monotonous tone of his, usually he wants to tell me something good or he is wanting me to do him a favour.

Hmmmm, maybe he wants to say he loves me??? Trust me, not in a million years, before and after. He has never uttered those words to me, again, before and after. He is capable of saying the nicest of fabricated words but never "I love you". At the same time, he is also capable of saying the harshest in the most gentle way.

His belief of 'love' is too big a word for human use that humans themselves couldn't give a proper definition for that word, most of the time caused a confusion on my intuition. Most of his facts are true. I am not going through that topic this time round as most of my dear readers will have an emotional conflict with his statements and will later repercussioned to me. But one thing for sure, he believes his actions are always louder than his words, so I have accepted that his actions so far has proofed that he loves me... heh heh.

Ok, back to the topic header. He, at one time, has frequently reminded me to not 'saying the right things at the wrong time'. I remembered at one of our many discussions on a meal when he said, "Ani, you are so capable of saying the right things at the wrong time." Of course at that particular point of time, my left and right cortex were contemplating on what he actually meant. But somehow or rather I begin to understand what it means... literally.

So, where will this topic lead to? Well, it could be meaningless if you don't look beyond its meaning. To me, what I've learnt, saying the right things are not always appropriate if the timing is bad. Its either you wouldn't get your message across or worst it will hurt someone. But for my case, I did make my husband forget what he's supposed to say.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

saying too much at the right time is oso biohazard maaaa

AzeedA said...

Ey sexy-at-home-mama!! guess who this is??! heheheheh ;)
eh i wish i cud comprehend my 'Man' like u do... hesh hard at times but alhamdulillah manages 2 go thru 10yrs with him!
anyway i agree with atah.. but, sumtimes saying nothing oso biohazardous! hmm my fav thing according 2 my 'Man'..

Mrs O said...

atah: tgk man macam mana..some suka yg mulut murai...hehehe

azeeda: nie azeeda yg comel kelas f ker?? cepat jawab aaa...

AzeedA said...

Hehee... nope.. guess again.. lemme giv u klu.. err.. my man's name Man, ur YM buddy + u sent me d luvly M&S biscuits a few mths back... ;)

AzeedA said...

O ye... Happy Birthday my dearest darling... May u + family be blessed with endless happiness dunia + akhirat.. :)

Anonymous said...

weiii..selamat menyambut hari jadi..panjang umoq murah rezeki

Mrs O said...

mawaddah:allrite ko dah ada blog jugak....tulis byk2 ok...heheheh..tq dear for the wish...but read my posting ...

atah..tq...for the prayers..u take care my dear...