Friday, June 09, 2006

My Orchard Road Outing...



Last Monday, I had a chance to meet one of my cyber-friend cum asiaparents group member, Haznita and her wonderful son, Danial Wan. Since I have been participating in this group, I have gathered some good knowledges about parenting especially the breastfeeding topic. I met Haznita inside here and since there are not many Malays around, I emailed her and she responded. She is an ex-engineer who gave up her career and big salary to look after his son. For more stories do visit Haznita's website.

As usual, I always enjoy outing and meeting new friends. After a quick breakfast at McDonald's Forum Galleria, we proceeded to Toys 'R' Us. Both kids had so much fun till Aaqil refused to leave. Haznita was looking for Lego Duplo for her son. A little bit indecisive about the price, we both decided to look up at Legoland Takashimaya which is 10 minutes walk from Forum's. Danial was lucky since Haznita has decided to get 1 box of Duplo basic and 1Duplo Aeroplane. I wanted to buy also but Aaqil just got his Thomas train from his uncle (my brother) currently attached in London. So until he got bored with the train, I guess I hold on first. I still had some memories of playing Lego when I was small. But girls will always be girls. I remembered I made bricks into a house and arrange the Lego plants and small flowers hehe. But till now Lego is still an expensive toy but surely it lasts long. So it is worth it to buy plus the kids can learn to be creative. Both of us shared mother's stories and tried to motivate each other to be strong on being SAHM.

I then reached home merely after Asar and we proceed to Lolo and Lola's house (thats in Filipino for grandpa and grandma). Aaqil had a bit of silver fish porridge and I had a bit of rice with fish head curry for an early dinner. Went back before Maghrib. I could not sleep that night knowing that Omar would be home the next day. I fell asleep around 1am finally, wondering how Omar would look like after a month. Yes, he did lose weight and looked more "handsome to me lah" than before hahahah...... lack of food? Nah, he managed to do some work out before coming home... ;-)

Family Cycling Time..


Aaqil was the most excited and still is after Omar came back. He always clings to his dad. Yesterday we went cycling together to eat prata (roti canai) ala Jalan Kayu in Sim's Drive early in the morning. The prata was nice and sweet and crispy, reminded me of one shop in Puchong. Singapore and Malaysia had different taste of prata and of course Malaysia's version is nicer. But this one has a unique taste though...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great to know that daddy is back home safe and sound to the loving arms of his family :)

Nazrah Leopolis said...

padanlah sengap takdaq berita...abg dah balik no?

Anonymous said...

minah, jeles kite tengok hang cycle. no way i can do it here in this crazy city of KL.. leman n I used to do that a lot when we were in Boston, along the Charles or River Beach... mmmm.

Glad to here ur love one had come home!....