Thursday, December 15, 2005

Part 2: Aaqil in Malacca and PD

Some people said it is a hassle to bring small kids travelling. I beg to differ. With Aaqil, our travel is such a great and fun experience. Aaqil definately was enjoying himself discovering new things, new place and new people around him. The best thing is I don't have to pack much things since he is a breastfed baby.

At the seafood dinner night in Malacca, my friends were discussing on being a SAHM. A friend of mine then said " ...you are a stay at home mom because you are committed and omar can afford for u not to work". Again, I beg to differ. The reason for me to be a SAHM is solely my decision as I wanted to explore motherhood with my own hands. If we plan well, money will never be the barrier for any SAHM. I hope, at least for 2 years I can look after Aaqil myself until he weans off my breastmilk. I strongly believe that my sacrifice of 2 years being a SAHM will be paid off. Back to the seafood, the tempation of "ikan bakar" and variety of seafood were hard to resist. Since we dont have a maid like others (we decided not to), we took turns to eat. That is part and parcel of being parents I guess, till he can sit and eat together on the table with us.

Wahir and family and helper

Look at the damage we had done

The next morning Aaqil woke up with a smile on his face, although he knew the surrounding was different. Me too, as I was expecting a close friend and an old classmate to come to my room. We had a decent breakfast and Aaqil had a swim with his dad.

Thumbs up!!..thanks Auntie Aida..

We then proceed to Wahir's place. The curry mee and porridge were delicious. Thanks to the host for a spectacular hospitability and care. I did have a great time with all the anserians. Though it was short but definately I left Malacca with a sweet memory.

Omar wanted to try the trunk road so we left early to PD. On the way there, we found a nice stall selling banana fritters and chendol. We stopped and ordered so much banana fritters and the seller had fun chatting with us.

"..nice serene place to have a snack...."

The first time I read about Corus Paradise, I thought I will not have a problem there. Apparently, I was wrong. The service was bad and slow. Omar almost lost his mind when he could not find the bell boy with our heavy luggage and other staffs seemed to ignore our problem, since we were not allowed to park at the drop off point and the available parking lot was like 100m away. Maybe they are too popular and the house was full that day. Their tone was never friendly with us. Putting those petty things aside, we looked at the fun things we did....'catching the sunset" and walked around the beach.

Despite the service, the view of the horizon cooled us off...

How bad can our travel be?? No matter how bad we screw up, he will there to cheer us up...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

err correction plz.. SAHM=Sexy-At-Home-Mama lah hehehe..
Me bein' thru that, and 'twas not as easy-peasy as people see..
Aaqil's goin 2 b a SEHB.. Sexy-Eyed-Heart-Breaker ;)
err... Omaq...? i tink i shud let that b 2 ur heart's desire lah, Minah!

Anonymous said...

nice photos. we had a great time at pahang and kl too :)
http://www.parentsphere.com/user/danialwan/