Monday, December 19, 2005

Fort Canning Park

Last Sunday, we had a nice eventful day. After a fulfilling breakfast at Long John Silvers, we accidentally found a free museum, the Civil Defence Heritage Museum near the foot of Fort Canning Park, our 2nd destination, the most historical place in Singapore. Initially our plan was to jog and recce this place but we then we ended up like a tourist, taking pics non stop . I hope you enjoy these pictures and if you visit Singapore, please do climb up Fort Canning, it is worth the calories burnt.

At the Civil Defense Heritage Museum, free admission

"strategic British battleground command centre during WW II. Many underground bunkers & cannons are built here..


This could be 'Sang Nila Utama rest place, the founder of Singapore...

Aaqil always prefers outdoors and the green scenery ...

View from the hill...

I notice Aaqil is musically inclined. He was enjoying himself with this toy keyboard. Well, i am going to let him decide which path he charters, guided of course...I remembered when I was small, my late mom had financial difficulties sending me to piano lessons. After which, somehow I realised she also opposed the idea of liking music. Based on researches, kids are using both their left and right cortex when they play piano, exercising their problem solving skills. I am sure every kids are born different though, and telling them to like what you like .... hmmm... I think its inappropriate....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aye to that! Me mum oso cant afford me having piano lessons.. so the closest i could get 2 playing musicals was main rekorder dlm skoolband! enjoyed myself so much!! yep i'm gonna encourage my boys 2 do the same, insyaAllah with better facilities 2 pursue their interests.. :)