Sunday, October 30, 2005

Ramadhan & Bird Flu...?

Swans? Geese?


Today we had a major change of plan. Initially, we planned to clean the house and make it look neat for the coming Hari Raya though Omar and I believe, the house should look neat and clean everyday. But then we decided to go to Jurong Birdpark and ignoring the bird flu outbreak news.

Excited although at the back of my head I hate to leave my house in a mess, we took public transports to get there. The weather was not really friendly as the heat soared. Arrived at almost 3 pm, we managed to catch "Bird Show". It was amazing how they trained those birds to do things what we thought they couldn't do.

Aaqil seemed to enjoy the show very much. As a mother I am relieved that my son likes animals. I do encourage him to know animals because I remembered the first flash cards I bought for him are about animals.

Jurong Birdpark, also popular for its highest man-made waterfall in the world. For the fanatic bird watchers, this place could be heaven.


Aaqil naturally loves water just like other babies I suppose. So it is not difficult to make him walk on his own with the park surrounded with pools and ponds. Enough to tire him and easy night sleep for him later on.

Conclusion... I believe it is not a good idea for some Malays to do outings during Ramadhan, but to me... what is the difference shopping in the heat of Geylang Serai in one hot afternoon comparing to a serene walk engulfed with nature in its best outfit to soothe our busy souls. Bird flu? Well, we are more confident on the health status of the birds over there which are sterilised and taken care at their best.... comparing to birds roaming around our estates which are not sterilised at all? Anyway, bottomline, if bird flu strucks, you don't have to be in Jurong Bird Park to be infected by one.

No comments: