Sunday, October 16, 2005

Aaqil in Bangkok
View from Baiyoke Sky, the tallest hotel in Thailand

Although the trip to Bangkok was in March '05, I feel like writing it as the journey was the most memorable one, bringing our baby who was 7 months at that time, tagging along Omar for his work trip.

The 2 hours journey inside the flight was pretty smooth as little Aaqil had fun mingling with pretty stewardess and other passengers. At some time he would feel cranky especially when he could not bear the ear preassure on flight and I just have to lift up my nursing top and breastfeed him..So much easier and convenient while travelling.

We arrived in Bangkok at noon and the arranged transport brought us to Baiyoke Sky Hotel. Yeayy..We had a pretty big room and Aaqil seemed so excited. First thing, Chatuchak Market...I was thinking to get my country kitchen stuffs....and some clothing. But upon reaching there by toog-toog (my cap flew off my head on the way here, strong wind, strong speed generated by the toog-toog) I was so tired to browse through thousands of shops there...So ended up with nothing...

2nd day, headed to MBK and Siam Square. I did some window shopping there and we had dessert in HRC Bangkok..

Luncheon at HRC Bangkok


3rd day, swimming time for Aaqil at the hotel pool. We were amazed by the fact that he was not afraid of water and could float by himself. It showed how true that baby started swimming in mommy's belly and that skill will last. After freshening up, we took the train to Sukhumvit and Patpong Market. Had dinner at a restaurant totally opposite the strip club...

Look mommy, I'm swimming..!


I have been to several countries, but I love Thailand...A friend told me that her family will never travel to places like Thailand or Jakarta (tak main negeri2 panas)...But what I am looking forward now is Jakarta and of course to revisit Thailand with little Aaqil. To me Asean countries are exotic in terms of food and treatment.
















2 comments:

Nazrah Leopolis said...

minah, activate word verification, u have been spammed.

welcome to the world of bloggers

Rimaugirl Wahir Jaafar said...

Minah..
Nice blog & pictures.Welcome to the world of BLOGGERS...like Nazrah said