Friday, November 18, 2005

My Neighbourhood Babies...
Everytime my neighbour from upstairs passes by my apartment with her baby, I would secretly feel it is time to get a second one. Her baby is so chubby and adorable. Since Aaqil is a toddler now and getting busy 'in his own world' , I am considering for him to have a 'sparring partner'.

But the thoughts come and go...

My mind is still fresh of the trauma of my labor. I was unlucky to be in the delivery suite for almost 22 hours as I went early to the hospital due to false labour pains already contracting every 5 minutes. The hospital did not allow me to go back as I was already in my 42nd week. Normal pregnancy term is 36 weeks to 40 weeks. Well, I am sure if I am in Western countries, it is normal to be at 42nd week, but KK hospital totally opposed active birth, only DOCTORS will make decisions for you. I then fought for natural birth and rejected any forms of induction and drugs. They had to agree on my birth plan and I had to sign a disclaimer. Sure, I signed it happily as the life of me and my unborn child lies in GOD's hands and not theirs!!! My labor was actually what I wanted only that, it was long and painful. I still remembered Omar argued to those doctors that offered me epidural or do anything that could speed up my labor.

After all, I will leave it up to GOD to decide on my 2nd one, since HE decided my first only after 2 years of marriage.

Anyway, today I had a surprise visit from San San and her kid-son Ben. They are my neighbours from upstairs. I was so happy to hold the huggable Ben for the first time. He is 3.5 months old. Aaqil seemed so happy too to see them. He got excited though he was sleepy and tired. Ben, a breastfed baby looks so healthy and already weigh 7kg. I then flipped some pics of Aaqil when he was 3 months. Was wondering whether Aaqil was that size when he was 3 mths. Yes, he was as per pics below. Fat?? He was also developmentally ready to use Bumbo seater, the fact that I can say his head was already strong at that time.

For me this product is an awesome invention...(Aaqil 3 mths old)

His inquisitive looks, aiming for the camera (3 mths old)


Ben was enjoying himself on Aaqil's bumbo seater

Besides Ben, I have another baby that lives next door. We call her Yu Xi and she is 11 months old. Aaqil loves to sneak out of the house to play her toys.

"Yu Xi spent time with Aaqil on his 1st B'day"

I believe that Aaqil will never be lonely in my neighborhood. I normally get very impressed to those who are planning to have 10 kids . One of them is my friend, Pang5. Anyway he is expecting a 3rd one. Congratulations again and fertility not always counts.

3 comments:

Channel 11.5 said...

ish-ish, lagi comel la. Minah, hang post gambar aaqil byk2 kat sini, ni yg aku pun nak ada baby ni. tapi tak leh, whuaaaa.... lagi 3 weeks baru jumpa u & aaqil la... hmmm..

Rimaugirl Wahir Jaafar said...

Aida...minah is planning for the 2nd baby...ko bila lak nak plan kawin & dapat 1st baby nih....?? Iskh..iskh...sampai beruban la aku tunmggu nak berbesankan ko....hahahaha

Anonymous said...

hhmmmmm... *sighing with desire*