Sunday, August 19, 2007

Crab Curry with Pineapple...


Today is a very wet and gloomy day. To bringten my day and well...actually to make my stomach happy, I decided to have some seafood.....but kampung style.....I made crab curry...here it is not famous at all and when I asked my MIL the other day..she said.."what....where got crab curry..only mamak style have laa.." In Singapore...chilie crab is the most popular....But my late mom always cooked this dish as it is a my dad's favourite dish...

Here is my humble crab curry recipe...Its quite suitable for toddlers too..

600 g of flower crab
half small pineapple...unripe..
fish/seafood curry powder- 4 table spoon
a bit of tamarind juice
1 spoon of plain yoghurt
curry leaves and herba fish curry..
3 shallots-cut
3 cloves of garlic-crushed
a bit ginger
salt and sugar to taste
1 tomato and 2 green chilies
Olive oil -3 spoon

1. Tumis curry leaves and herba until fragrant...Mixed the shallots, garlic and ginger
2. Mix the curry powder with warm water ..add yoghurt inside
3. After the mixture turn yellow and fragrant, mixed the curry powder inside...
4. Wait till it boil..then add tamarind juice and some water..
5. Add tomatoes, green chilies and crabs...
6. Lastly put the pineapple..salt and sugar...and cover it. Simmer for another 10-15 mins...

How I miss my mommy's cooking!!!

3 comments:

AzeedA said...

oit makcik.. baruu je sembang semlm dah muncul kat blog... hmmm... huloq2 kat aku sket wehh... :D

Anonymous said...

sampai la ni aku dok ingat aku p rumah hang, hang tgh makan masak lemak ketam, sambal belacan ngan ulam jantung pisang rebuih. hang offer tp aku pulak mengada takmau. everytime aku tingat lauk2 tu, aku kecoq giloss.. rasa menyesai plak tak makan skali

arwah mak hang masak mmg power

Anonymous said...

Minahhh.. sedapnya nampak.. baru ja dok ckp ngn mak aku pasi ketam pg tadi.. ketam hijau lah, ketam biru lah.. ketam nipah sama tak ngn ketam batu... hehehe..
aku teringin nak mkn ketam nih.. nak goreng or rebus cam tuh saja, aci tak?.. mlm nih wajib pi pasar malam or carrefour...
kalau ngn king, aku selalu buat masak lemak or cili lah, pecah telur sikit.. konon2ya isi ketam extra lah.. hehehe